Thursday, January 22, 2009

Posts for Menswear Fashion Week... (Con't)

Continue to keep a look out at FashionNation, cause instead of the usual designer-by-designer write-ups, it will be capital based. So it would be like "Milan round-up" kinda posts.

Anyway, the posts would be on my personal highlights.
Here's the list of disappointments:
Etro

Now, what is this?
Last season, Kean did a superb job with the exotic vibe throughout the collection. For this season, Kean chose to come up with these prints that looks really tacky and hideous to me. Besides, where are the Paisley prints? Isn't it suppose to be a "Signature print"? No Paisley = Not Etro. Period.

Prada

Alright, I might be getting personal with this, but I just couldn't help but felt disappointed. Maybe I'm too used to the 08 dramas Miuccia has been bombarding us with, be it hit(spring09) or miss(fall08).
Debatable, yes, but I'm feeling studs are very overused now.
Sigh...
On the bright side, in a couple of hours, pictures from the Paris Menswear shows will be slowly popping out. Most probably Yves Saint Laurent would be one of the first, as Stefano Pilati has Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin to shoot Micheal Pitt for the presentation yesterday. And all my top anticipated designers would be presenting soon! Takahiro Miyashita for Number(N)ine, Gaultier, and Yohji.
The wait's killing me!

2 comments:

ASYRAF said...

I actually liked Prada. One of the few collections that's easy on the eyes:)

TraiT said...

Haha, preferences.

For me, I like drama. especially from menswear? cause menswear can get really boring. So yup :)