Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Paris S/S 09: Karl Lagerfeld

Yes, fan girls and boys, start screaming all you want. Karl Lagerfeld's out.
Am I glad to say that this season sees the absence of the tailored suits, which has been around since the debut of his own-named label, which is fresh and somewhat surprising.








Moving more into couture-looking pieces with structural silhouettes, especially the last collage, some said they resemble his couture 08 for Chanel, which I do agree.
Another attractive group of pieces would have to be the accessories. Sheer ties really do brings in something fresh and feminine from Karl, yet sticking to his own signature style. Brilliant.
But I would have to agree with Laila that the bag Angela Lindvall hold across her face's downright commercial.

Oh well, he's labelled legendary afterall. You just got to make full use of that iconic status eh? And beside, I would have to wish I'll have a mind like his when I'm at his age.

No comments: