Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Paris S/S 09 Sum-up!: TraiT's Top 5

Alright, so fashion month had finally come an end. As exhausted as every other season, I had fun, was amazed and was disappointed throughout this season as usual.


But which designers from Paris are in my Top 5? It's a REALLY REALLY tough choice since I'm loving so much designers from that capital. But still here it is:

1. Nina Ricci

You might think I'm being bias here, but Olivier Theyskens proved to me AGAIN that he's afterall one of my top favourite designers this season with the shift to a much more feminine collection. Feminine, as conventional as it sounds, his work certainly isn't. And those dress trains can't be anymore statement grounding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Gareth Pugh

Ya, I'm shallowing my own words about this collection not being his best, but every collection does needs time mature our love for it, and Gareth Pugh definitely is one of them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Haider Ackermann

Talking about being gorgeous in every designer's unique way, Haider Ackermann couldn't fill in the quote anymore perfectly. Experimental isn't his thing, and trend-following would no doubt feels insulting to him. He loves and he knows his drapes, and consistantly came up with spectacular pieces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Sharon Waucob

I'm loving any designer that are able to pull off an elegant "too-much going on" collection, and Sharon Waucob certainly did. Lots of statements, but very much wearable. Perfect for any lady.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Rue du Mail

Such a surprising yet pleasant change of direction this season from Martine Sitbone, which I'm also surprised by myself picking her as my top 5.

No comments: