Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Paris S/S 09: Comme des Garcons

What an embarrassment to mistakenly mix up whether it's AnnD or CDG that collaborated with H&M, and worse, I blogged about it here!
But thanks to Vogueite that reminded me! So from now on, I'll try not to blog at the wee hours! HAHA!


Back to the point, Rei Kawakubo this season's feeling extremely dark. Her focus seems to be on the texture, nothing else, which is kind of surprising for me as her styling's always very much the other main attraction.


Mostly, from the collection, are dresses with her individual textural statement. There's soccer ball patchings, to feather-like, to embroideries, to quilted.










But there are some of the more wearable pieces peeping out from the show like the leather jackets/blazers, skirts, trousers and obviously, the shoes. But are these pieces as statement grounding as her texture? I think it's subjective.

No comments: