Thursday, September 18, 2008

London S/S 09: Basso & Brooke:

To be honest, I'm very much fascinated with the Japanese culture for many years now. Besides their very eccentric fashion, their pop culture's another tab that I'll keep myself updated to, and Animes are definitely one of them.

So when Bruno Basso and Christopher Brooke pieced in multiple influences of Japanese arts, paintings, traditional ensembles and spring floral gradients for this season's Basso & Brooke, I was pleasantly overwhelmed.

Though the general idea of Japanese influences aren't that innovational, the execution is. Boring and overused buckle belts are recreated in an Origami form which to me, are one of the most important groups of items in the collection.








Prints are in extreme high quality, which pretty much reflects the bold and clear-cut creations of Japanese Mangas and Animes.
As much as I'm loving most of the pieces so far, I still not too crazed about the inclusion of the colour black. I mean, if you're going for it, GO FOR IT. A little anti-climax if you ask me.

No comments: