Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Milan S/S 09: Salvatore Ferragamo

I'll have to admit, when I think of jet-setting, Salvatore Ferragamo would be on-top of the list.

And I really do love how Cristina Ortiz is handling Ferragamo after Graeme Black left during 08 spring season. She hardly includes prints, which I pretty much admire.
(Prints to me, subjectively, can be an easy-way-out for designers sometimes. Have a maxi-dress in tartan or leopard print, it might just be the statement of the season.)

Without prints, Cristina Ortiz used a significant amount of buckles for most of the pieces. The use of buckles are really interesting in this collection case as not all are incorporated for functionality. It adds in such chic and urban details from the dresses to jumpsuits.







Yes, the cat print full length dress and the last shocking pink dress aren't much of a love but yea, overall, the collection's really glamourous and jet-setting.

No comments: