Wednesday, September 10, 2008

NY S/S 09: Monique Lhuillier

God, school's hectic, really really hectic. So much amazing collections to blog about, so little time. It's those breaks in between that I'll find time browsing and if lucky, blog about them. Exhuastedly, after school and further blog somemore.



Alright, anyway, one of my favourite "Red carpet gowns" designers after Oscar de la Renta and Marchesa, would have be Monique Lhuillier. Some viewed a strong resemblance of Oscar de la Renta, which I agree. But afterall, it's still a very creditable collection for the Filipino designer.






Nothing else to say but just Gorgeous! The evening won the most part of me, especially those Grecian and lacy ones.
The sheer nude dress with messy textures worn by Bruna Tenorio in the third collage blew me away.

2 comments:

choubelle said...

Wow, it does look like Oscar De La Renta! I'm not very familiar with De La Renta's work, but I think that Monique Lhuillier's designs are a bit more modern and edgy. Super picks. Have a nice day!
xoxo
Choubelle

bingboompia said...

YUP!! Her designs are always so modern and GORGEOUS of course!