Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Paris S/S 09: Antonio Berardi

I've always been a loyal fan toward Antonio Berardi. Besides being respected in the fashion industry, his creations are always one of the best and favourites for me season after season. Ultra feminine with twists that still managed to look very sophisticated.

But this season, I'm very VERY much disappointed. The show opened up with colour trends like fuchsia and ocean blue in minimal cuts and silhouettes. This, is already enough for me to be disappointed. Trends and minimal just AREN'T Berardi!








But as the show progressed, he slightly found his way back. Intricate prints and embroideries starts to surface from the second half of the show. But still, I'm only able to pathetically find 3 pieces from the collection which I like, which are the last group of white dresses with elaborated jutted details.
And also, what's really missing from the show would have to be the dramatic closing which he ALWAYS like to have.
Dear god... I really hate to add Berardi into "The list of disappointment" along with Galliano for Dior, Alessandro Dell'Acqua for Malo and Zac posen.

No comments: