Sunday, September 21, 2008

London S/S 09 Sum-up: TraiT's Top 5!

1. Basso & Brooke
I was shocked myself, for not placing my love girl Goldin at the top, but seriously, Bruno Basso & Christopher Brooke's Japanese Grffiti influenced collection this season had left too much of an impact in me really. Reinventing an old concept into something so new and refreshing does need to earn some credit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Louise Goldin

While most people thought that London Fashion weeks aren't that wearable at all, this season really do proved them wrong. Some made "wearable" commercial *Giles*, while some made wearable ORIGINAL. And that's what (my love) Louise Goldin did. Sticking on with her futuristic designs, this collection is still filled with wearable pieces!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Christopher Kane

Another promising show from Christopher Kane this season. Alot more defining shapes and silhouettes differentiates from the overall more toned-down London this season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Meadham Krichhoff

Loved this new designer's take on existing trends and twisting them into his own unique way. Those shirts are such alluring pieces!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Roksanda Ilincic

Lastly, says who London has no elegance? Roksanda Ilincic's collection this season summarized what London's all about(bold and different) yet at the same time, emits equal elegance and femininity with the other BIG capitals, New York, Milan and Paris.

Note:

It's gonna be a VERY VERY hectic coming week. Milan Fashion week, School works and projects, blogging. Tiring, but I still do enjoy it :D

What would the Big Guys from Milan and Paris come up with? I'm anticipated myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm anticipated myself"??

Appalling.