Tuesday, September 16, 2008

London S/S 09: Marios Schwab

After a wild Fall 08 with strong cut-outs and mixing of different heavy fabrics, and a smart display of tie dyes and protruding details for Spring 08, Marios Schwab summed up all of those for this season, though I think it could have been much better.

The show started out moderately, with the display of all the elements I'd mentioned earlier. As the shows progresses, pieces seems to have a slight turn to the glamorous and luxurious.






By glamorous, I mean those velvets and metallic fabrics. Never would I expect him to include velvet's presence I swear.
Marios still had his play on the cuts and silhouettes, though inconsistently.
Only at the second half of the show, I was gladly allayed with the jutting rope details, much like his Spring 08.

No comments: